Assignment #6: Polar Opposites


300-Word Reflection: 

When I was thinking polar opposites, it took me a really long time to think of one. I was first considering my cats and their color difference, but they were not cooperating with me and my camera. I had to rethink my ideas and I was set on hot and cold, but I was not quite sure how I was going to pursue it. Then I was drinking my tea and the lightbulb went off. The steam coming up from the tea and the ice cube could work perfectly. The steam was at a perfect angle and shows how the light steam is only melting the ice cube ever so slightly. 

This was kind of a hard project because it took me a while with the steam and how well it was coming out in the photograph. I ended up looking on Google how to capture steam in a picture and after I read that article, that boosted my confidence for taking a picture of the steaming cup of tea. The ice cube was easier to capture, but at first was not melting in room temperature. I took action and used a light torch and start melting it physically rather than depending on my surroundings which was the temperature of the room. I think I executed it really well with the steam and how much the ice cube melted, but I think I should have taken some more time (extra days) rather than the day or two before and to plan out the picture a little more than I did. 



Comments

  1. Nicely done - I find the composition (placement) of the two images interesting - why did you off set them?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment #20: It's so Surreal! (The Final Photo)