Assignment #20: It's so Surreal! (The Final Photo)


Reflection:
The concept behind this picture is that there is always the good in people yet everyone has a dark past so that is shown through the yin yang and the darkness of the eye. I achieved this by taking a picture of my sister's eye in the golden hour and cropped it. Then, I used the brush tool in Photoshop and colored the white of the eye (other than the iris) in black to show that everyone has nobody is perfect and everyone has something going on in their lives. The yin yang in the pupil was so difficult to do that I had my uncle who is an engineer at Cisco to help me for over an hour to get it the way it is now. This was a very difficult assignment and wish I knew some tools ahead of time so I wouldn't need so much help. This photo was inspired by the eye photo in my original ideas, but this shows what every human being is like: good or bad, sad or happy, etc. 

Comments

  1. I appreciate the comments you made - the image is a bit off-putting, however, and the black painted into the eye is less about the photograph and the illusion of photography. I would ask that you reconsider this piece and attempt to make it either more realistic or perhaps go about the concept in another way. See me if you have questions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Kuntz,
    I would actual prefer the grade I got because it is almost the end of the semester and I have finals soon for other classes, so I appreciate your comments and I will take this advice for my next photography assignment that may be similar to this one next semester:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment