Assignment #18: Aaron Siskind Post



Picture #1:
Camera Mode: Manual
F-Stop: f/5.6
ISO: 100
Shutter Speed: 1/30
Lens: 55mm

Picture #2:
Camera Mode: Manual
F-Stop: f/3.5
ISO: 100
Shutter Speed: 1/160
Lens: 18mm

Reflection: 

To start off, I noticed when I was looking at his photos that they were most if not all of them were in black and white. Also, his photos mainly show angles, textures of different kinds such as peeling paint, and some showed symmetry from the different curves and shapes such as the "S" shape shown in some of his not popular photographs. I was inspired to do a tree and trash can photograph(s). I think the tree shows the different textures within in the branches and also shows the "C" shape. For the trashcan, it shows that the paint has been peeled off in some way and showed the "S" shape for the form or composition of the trashcan. In my work, I incorporated the idea of how texture and shapes can play off of each other like how Siskind incorporated some of these concepts in his work too. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment #4: Composition